Expertise of round timber and wood chips
- Measurement and quality determination of timber by the group method
- Piece-by-piece measurement and quality determination of round timber
- Inventory of timber storage warehouses
- Volume measurement and quality determination of industrial wood chips
Organization of twenty-four-seven acceptance and control of internal storage movements of the raw materials’ movement
- Development of methods for volume measuring and quality determination for a certain enterprise
- Software development and electronic database creation
- Organization of twenty-four-seven timber acceptance and expertise
- Creation of a system of control of internal storage movements of the raw materials' movement
Sawn timber expertise
- Determination of sawn timber quality and quantity
- Inventory of sawn timber storage warehouses
- Control measurements of sawn timber
Talman service of finished goods warehouses
- Accounting for incoming finished products to the warehouses
- Control of shipment and accounting of the finished products movement in the warehouses
Technical control at the stages of veneer materials production
- Our company has unique practical experience in providing services for the control of technological parameters at all stages of semi-finished and finished veneer materials production.
In fact, we are the first independent company in Russia to perform the functions of a technical control department at timber processing enterprises.
We provide control, measurements and fixing the technological production parameters; build a system for monitoring the production workers' performance; check the equipment for technical serviceability together with the technologists of the customer enterprise.
Determination of the bulk materials volume in open storage
- Measurement of the bulk materials’ volume (crushed stone, sand), as well as wood processing waste stored in an open way in bulk (heaps), is performed by an electronic digital tacheometer or using a UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle). Devices, as well as other measuring instruments, are a subject to mandatory verification and have all appropriate certificates.
Control measures when checking forestry equipment
- Carrying out the control measures directly at the logging sites to check the validation of the data received from the on-board computers of the harvesting equipment (harvesters), as well as the compliance of the operators of this equipment with the requirements of the specifications for assortments.
Inventory of forest raw materials warehouses
- Performing on-site inventories of timber storage warehouses in any locations at the Customer request, among other things, using digital tacheometers and UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles), providing the Customer with GPS coordinates of each measured stack if requested.
Independent acceptance of wastepaper
- Measuring the quantity and determining the quality of wastepaper, inventories of warehouses for its storage, recording the movement and supply to the production.
Fuels and lubricants quality control
- Service delivery to control the quality parameters of fuels and lubricants (gasoline, diesel fuel, etc.) purchased by the Customer.
Quality control department
- Control over compliance with technological parameters at the stages of semi-finished and finished products.
Revealing and fixing the facts of the controlled parameters violation during the production of both finished and semi-finished products.
The main functions are control over the technology observance at several dozen control points (about 80 parameters are controlled: from the hydrothermal treatment of raw materials to the storage of finished products) - according to the Work Regulation.
Additional functions - rationalization proposals, revision of the internal documentation, proposals on useful changes in technological instructions, conducting technological experiments, assisting the Customer's engineering and technical staff in managing technological processes.
- Verification the logging sites allocation
- Control of forest inventory works on logging sites
- Forest inventory works in the forest area of logging companies
Audit of other companies' work at the facility
- Audit of other companies' work at the facility - on-site independent audit of the acceptance and accounting system of timber/waste paper at the enterprise.
The cost of our services
The cost of our services is calculated based on the volume of work, the number of specialists involved, and the work specifics of this particular enterprise. According to the world practice, the cost of services for an independent examination is supposed not to exceed the standard measurement error. In our case, the services of Schmidt & Olofson will be about 2.5% of the cost of raw materials. Moreover, having objective independent control is always cheaper than its absence.
Additional work is possible
Specialists of Schmidt & Olofson, JSC:
• fully control the movement of forest raw materials on the customer territory;
• control the quantity and quality of forest raw materials supplied to the production;
• keep records of the formation of reserves of forest raw materials on the territory of the Industrial Complex; record the amount of forest raw materials in each stack;
• according to the agreed report version, they provide information on the movement of forest raw materials in the warehouse per day, decade, month.
• carry out inventory measurements of forest raw materials: